Paradise City (“Paradise City”) deeply values Your personal information (“Personal Information”), and for the provision of service, wishes to obtain Your consent under Articles 15 and 22 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
[Consent to collection and use of Personal Information]
- 1. Purpose of collection and use: Identity verification for membership service, sending of customer notices, handling of complaints, etc.
- 2. Items collected
- Mandatory items: ID, password, name, date of birth, mobile phone number, email address
- Optional items: Address, occupation, wedding anniversary, facility of interest, area of interest
- 3. Validity period on the use of dormant members’ Personal Information is as follows. After expiry of the validity period, which takes effect at the time of final use, a member’s Personal Information shall be separately retained and managed or destroyed
- 1) Length of validity period: 1 year
- 2) Meaning of “use of service”: Use of membership service (member authentication, website login, point checking/inquiry, point saving (accumulation), point usage, point adjustment, point conversion, etc.), issuance of cards, purchase of goods and services from the Paradise City Hotel (“Paradise City Hotel”), change of information, etc.
- 3) After expiry of validity period: Personal Information shall be separately retained (stored) and managed
A. Separate retention (storage) and management: As a measure or action comparable to the destruction of Personal Information, long-term non-users’ Personal Information shall be retained and managed separately from general members’ Personal Information DB, and general employees’ access thereto shall be restricted.
B. Notice of expiry of validity period: Relevant members shall be notified, at least 30 days before expiry of the validity period, of the destruction or separate storage of Personal Information and the dates thereof, and of the Personal Information items, by e-mail, SMS, etc.
C. A member’s use of membership service after the expiry of the validity period shall be deemed as a request for reuse, and the status of separate storage/management shall be restored to that of normal use.
- Retained Personal Information: History of commercial transactions (commercial transactions made)
- Basis of retaining Personal Information: Commercial Act, Act on Consumer Protection in E-Commerce
- Period of retaining Personal Information
Materials related to lawsuits or legal disputes): 10 years
Records on contract or offer withdrawal, etc.: 5 years
Records on handling of consumer complaints or disputes: 3 years (Act on Consumer Protection in E-Commerce)
Records on collection/processing and use of credit information, etc.: 3 years (Act on Use and Protection of Credit Information)
In cases of overpayment/underpayment and of disputes, Personal Information shall be retained until the resolution thereof.
- 5. It is hereby notified that You may refuse to give consent to the collection and use of this Personal Information but that if You refuse it, there may be restrictions in You becoming a member.